EMT - (Emergency Medical Technician)
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for EMT certification. Course duration is three months at 3 days per week.
Non-refundable $70 application fee due at time application is submitted.
- Age 18 or older by the start of the class.
- Copy of High School diploma or GED
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov).
- Healthcare Provider CPR card.
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver.
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) skin test.
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is $70.00 Non-refundable application fee plus $880.00 class tuition for a total of $950.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Is split into two payments. The first payment is $70.00 non-refundable application fee plus $480.00 class fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment due 3 weeks after class start date is $450.00 for a total of $1000.00.
Textbook & Uniform:
are not included in the price of tuition.
Students are required to wear a uniform
in class and will need to purchase a NWRTC EMS t-shirt and also wear black "Docker" style pants or cargo pants, and a pair of sturdy black shoes or boots.
National Registry Exam:
Once the student passes the course they are eligible to take the National Registry EMT exam.
State of Washignton Certification:
After passing the National Registry Exam and the student is affiliated with an EMS Agency they can apply for Washington Certification.
Reciprocity with Oregon State:
Once a student passes the National Registry Exam, they may then apply for the Oregon EMT certification. This is an additional cost, payable to the State of Oregon.
Please call the NWRTC office at 360-397-2100 if you have questions about this course.