This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for EMT certification. Course duration is three months.
Non-refundable application fee:
- Age 18 or older by the start of the class.
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov).
- Healthcare Provider CPR card.
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver.
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) skin test.
application fee of $70 due at time application is submitted.
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is $70.00 application fee plus $680.00 class tuition for a total of $750.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Is split into two payments. The first payment is $70.00 application fee plus $380.00 class fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment due 3 weeks after class start date is $350.00 for a total of $800.00.
If a student withdraws or is expelled prior to completing the first four weeks of class, he/she will receive a $300.00 refund ONLY if the tuition has been paid in full.
Students are required to wear a uniform to class and will need to purchase a NWRTC EMS t-shirt sold for $9.50 plus applicable state tax. As part of the uniform students must wear black, navy or tan "Docker" style pants or cargo pants, and a pair of sturdy shoes.
National & State Exams:
Once the classroom portion is completed, students are eligible to take the National Registry EMT exam and/or the State EMT exam.
Reciprocity with Oregon State:
Once a student passes the National Registry Exam, they may then apply for the Oregon EMT certification. There is a cost of approximately $50, payable to the State of Oregon.
to download the Admissions Application and additional information for the EMT Course.
Please call the NWRTC office at (360)-397-2100 if you have questions about this course or click here
to register online today.