Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-Accelerated course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for EMT certification. Course duration is approximately 3 months which makes it a fast paced accelerated course. The course will meet in the classroom 3 days a week for 5 hours a day for Lecture, Instructor Q & A and Skills Lab. The Emergency Medical Technician course is the entry level to begin a career in the field of Emergency Medical Services. This program follows the current Department of Transportation (DOT) curriculum. Our program trains EMTs to work in the prehospital emergency medical environment. For students in other allied health careers, the EMT training provides valuable assessment and treatment skills for emergencies in the prehospital setting.
*Graduates of this program will be eligible to take the National Registry EMT certification examination. This training is also the first step in acquiring the Paramedic certification.
- Must be age 18 or older by the end of the class
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED when registering for this course
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov) NWRTC can do this for a fee
- BLS CPR card
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) skin test.
Non-refundable $100 registration fee due at the time of registration.
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,100.00 class tuition for a total of $1,200.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Split into two payments. The first payment is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $650.00 class tuition fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment due 3 weeks after class start date is $500.00 for a total of $1,250.00.
Textbook & Uniform:
Textbooks are not included in the price of tuition. Please call NWRTC for price of book.
Students are required to wear a uniform in class which consists of black "Docker" style pants or cargo pants, and a pair of sturdy black shoes or boots. In addition, students will need to purchase a NWRTC EMS t-shirt to wear to complete the uniform.
National Registry Exam:
Once the student passes the course they are eligible to take the National Registry EMT exam.
State of Washington Certification:
After passing the National Registry Exam and the student is affiliated with an EMS Agency they can apply for Washington Certification.
Reciprocity with Oregon State:
Once a student passes the National Registry Exam, they may then apply for the Oregon EMT certification. This is an additional cost, payable to the State of Oregon.
Please call the NWRTC office at 360-397-2100 if you have questions about this course.
Class Length: 186 hours (varies depending on observed holidays)
Class Days and times: Class days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, from 8am-1pm. First day of class is Monday, January 8th, 2018 and goes through March 19th, 2018.
Mandatory Orientation: Monday, December 18th, 2017 - 5:30pm - 7:30 pm
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Upcoming Classes
Course Date Range
8:00am - 1:00pm